영어 전용 번역 보류중
이 페이지는 현재 영문판만 가능합니다. 우리는 전체 웹사이트가 번역되도록 노력중입니다. 여러분의 이해에 감사드립니다.
The Pocket Testament League will enlist one million Christians to Read, Carry and Share the Gospel. 50 million Gospels will be given out as a result.
This Book is Alive: A vision to reach the world for Christ through the power of multiplication
What is it?
This Book is Alive is an exciting vision that will encourage people to discover the living Word of God along with the power and life-changing impact it can have on their life. Then, having discovered this Living Water, encourage them to share that experience in a simple, powerful, and measurable way with others. The Book will come alive for them, changing their lives, their witness, their families, and their communities eternally.
- Many Christians don’t know the Living Word of God.
- Non-Christians misunderstand the Living Word of God.
- People don’t allow the living Word of God to be part of their lives through daily reading and sharing its content and message… and their lives, their families, their churches, and their communities suffer for this ignorance.
- Our culture is becoming less and less "Christian," with obvious results
- God’s growth model has been forgotten (Luke 8).
- Because we can do it now! The technology and systems are already in place to begin immediately.
Listen to an audio message from League president Mike Brickley:
One million sharing their faith We want to engage one million Christians in a personal commitment to read the Bible daily for 21 days. And after that, to commit to carry the Gospel of John with them everyday, ready to give away to someone. They will bring these to work, to school, keep them in the car, and take them wherever they are going. The goal is to always have a pass-along copy of Scripture with them. One million Christians who will Read, Carry, and Share pocket-sized Scripture, under the battle cry of "This Book is Alive!"
50 million receiving the gospel Our desire to have 50 million people presented with the Gospel of John over the next 4 years will spring from this effort.
Why these two goals?
- We want to see people come to faith and to receive eternal life.
- We want to see the spiritual fiber of this country change for the better.
- We want to have the Word of God honored as an important part of our culture.
- We want the church to lead and grow and become energized and more vibrant as they touch their communities in a relevant and powerful way.
The Pocket Testament League was created to challenge Christians to Read, Carry, and Share the Gospel with the world. For 115 years this has been our mission. This Book Is Alive is a four-year vision campaign that will focus attention and our activities as never before to this end.
The Word of God has been described as a seed (“For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring Word of God.” 1 Peter 1:23). Other references are Isaiah 55:10-11, and Luke 8:11.
With that imagery in mind we want to challenge and enlist a new army of seed caretakers that will value this precious seed in their own lives, look for places to plant this seed, water this seed, help to spread it everywhere, and participate in the harvest as this seed takes root and grows.
Caretakers will commit to read a portion of the Bible every day, so that the Word can be planted in their hearts. (Psalm 119:11 “I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.”). They will commit to carrying the seed with them in their daily life. They will commit to share the seed as they travel the highways and the byways of their neighborhood, city, and wherever they go.
You are needed to help provide the water for this planting through: Resources and training are needed for individuals and for churches to be able to partner in this effort. A special sermon series and curriculum focused on “This Book is Alive!” is planned for churches and other Christian groups, colleges, schools, that encourages people to fall in love with the Living Word of God, and to engage with Scripture.
PTL will develop a series of This Book Is Alive special covers to help motivate and encourage our members to spread the Gospel around the world, by keeping the battle cry front and center.
PTL will provide opportunities and an online community to engage and connect with people as they grow; plant, and share, encouraging those who want to share those results with each other.
- The League has a rich history of uniquely promoting this kind of effort. Since 1893, the League has mobilized over eight million people, who have shared scripture with over 100 million.
- The League has a tradition of quickly mobilizing for massive efforts. (For example, General Douglas MacArthur asked the League to provide 10 million new testaments for Japan after WWII, and members responded by supplying 11 million testaments!). We are currently structured to scale quickly.
- The League is nondenominational and partners with all kinds of organizations to spread the gospel. We don’t compete with anyone.
- The work of the League has been endorsed by many leaders. These have included world leaders, spiritual leaders including Billy Graham, Rick Warren and others, and numerous US presidents.
- The League already possesses the unique Web technology to drive and measure results.
Get started today!
Make a difference for eternity by getting involved as a member or friend of the vision of This Book is Alive.